Tuesday, March 23, 2010

NOT LISTED!!!

but no red flags!!! Praise God. Mike was not put on the transplant list because it is "too soon." Mike's pfts have come up which is a huge blessing! Fev1 at 49%. The testing won't have to be repeated for 2 years so that is another blessing and everything was within their limits (except he needs to gain weight but the tube will help with that - he has already gained 6 pounds).

Mike was disappointed.
He was angry for a bit.
Then he came around.
There is always an up side.
It is hard.

I will never pretend to comprehend what it is like to live with this disease. A progressive, fatal disease. He is so strong.

I admire his courage.
I admire how he picks himself up and keeps going.
I admire how he makes the best of things.

When I left he was talking about the dances he is putting together for his cousin's wedding this summer. He is doing the choreography. He is busy planning for tomorrow. And he is tired. They bumped up his oxygen to 1.5 liters while he is sleeping. We hope that will help.

I am thankful for God's perfect plan and especially thankful when he lets us know what it is in a very precise way.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Blessings,
Gina

P.S. Thanks Terri for watching David so I could be with Mike today.
P.S.S. Gage lost a tooth a few days ago :) - very big stuff!!
-

No comments: