Sunday, March 21, 2010

Please consider giving . . .

the gift of life - sign up to be an organ donor!



Each day 19 people die waiting for a transplant. Sobering statistic if you are on a list waiting. If you haven't ever considered donating please consider it - thank you!



"But Gina someone else has to die. . ." I know this may sound strange but that doesn't cause me any anxiety. Someone already had to die to give us life . . . eternal life. Because we have a Savior who gave up his life so that we can live eternally with him, we already understand how someone could give life for someone else. Jesus did so much more for us. He lived the perfect life we couldn't live and died an innocent death in our place. We are so thankful. We have so much peace knowing that this same Jesus is totally in control of all things. It is God who numbers our days. Psalm 31:15 "My times are in your hands." There isn't a disease or a surgeon who will change God's perfect timing and plan.



But we can be a part of that timing by giving an organ to live on after God decides our time has come. I am an organ donor. I have been for years. I hope you will consider it too.



Mike is still in the hospital. He rested yesterday - no appointments or tests. We couldn't go visit him because Paul had a virus (3 days - yuck). Get lots of rest Mike! HUGS!!

Cystic Fibrosis is progressive and is still always fatal. We also know that God is in control and Mike's health could improve for a time. We take it to the Lord in prayer and await His answer and His will. We know his plan is always the best plan as we pray, Thy will be done. God willing, Mike will feel much better after this course of IV antibiotics.



++++++++++++



With infection and sickness adding risks to Mike's condition, I am contemplating whether or not to continue to be a Sunday School teacher. These kids are the best. They bless me!


There is nothing better than teaching children about Jesus!
I have lots of helpers! This may enable me to continue :)! They are such a blessing!


We have so much fun - who could resist these sweet faces!! Precious!!
My little David - he loves mom being his teacher!
I'll continue to pray about this! God willing I will be able to at least finish out this year! Thanks for stopping by - always great to hear from you. Thanks for saying hi Dana (one of Mike's godmothers) - long time no see!
Off to a birthday party with the boys!
Blessings,
Gina
-

No comments: