Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Off of IVs and thankful

Mike got off of his IVs today and they pulled the needle from his port. He is thankful to be at the end of another round. The numbers came in as follows:

FEV1 = 46% 1.98L
FVC = 50% 2.932
FEF 25-75 = 25% 1.189L/S

Weight is still down. No more to say here. Wish it could be better but we are thankful for what we have. Thankful for peace. So much to be thankful for and we will focus on that. Mike just left to go work out. A fitness club in town gives him a free membership every year. See what I mean - so much to be thankful for.

**************************
In other news - I thought I would share some pictures.
These little guys participated in a mutli-school cross country race the other day. For Gage and David it was their first one. They all did great. Very proud of their ribbons!








David nonchalantly running across the finish line - he took 7th place.






Gage ran his little heart out - he got a participation ribbon.


Proud daddy over to the right watches Gage get his ribbon.

Richie had to run a whole mile! He took 5th place.

There were 30 - 40 participants in each class so I'd say they did a great job! Congrats boys.

Thanks for continuing to support us on this journey. In the past several weeks I have enjoyed some incredible fellowship with many special adults. I love my kids - can't ever deny that but I am thankful for these times to be able to get out and about without the little ones. It has been refreshing. It has been a long time. A couple of weeks ago I got to have dinner with grandma Nettie and grandpa Bob and grandma Kristi. We had a really long wait for our food but it gave us an opportunity to chat and laugh. Nettie made us an awesome cake which the boys devoured promptly - thank you grandma Nettie. And Kristi gave me the nicest birthday gifts and Badger shirts for the boys - thank you!!

And mostly, thank you all for understanding when I fall off the map and lose contact and get overwhelmed. I owe some people a phone call or a visit. Thanks for understanding and hanging in there with me. Love, love, love to all. Take care - blessings to you!

No comments: