Thursday, April 28, 2011

Touched beyond words . . .

I am once again humbled and touched by the caring and giving hearts of others. I have been receiving emails, letters, encouraging words and donations from so many of you wonderful people. My deepest heartfelt gratitude.

When people reach out to those less fortunate it is something to be recognized. We are all so busy with our lives. So much to do, so little time. There are so many worthy causes deserving of your time and attention. The fact that others would chose to help us is humbling and encouraging. We are truly blessed. Thank you from all of us. The boys are so excited to be able to help makes GREAT STRIDES to help their brother and others with CF. We have two little neighbor girls (right next door) who have CF. It is my prayer that they will never have to know CF like we do. That they will never have to endure long stays in the hospital away from family and friends. We pray that this money raised will help researchers continue to make tomorrows for people with CF brighter,and healthier. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Mike Update:
Mike has been having trouble with coughing up blood again. He went out with Scott for Scott's birthday and started coughing and coughed up a lot of blood. Scott wanted to take him to the hospital. Mike said no he would call the clinic on Monday. It happened two nights in a row but only lasted for about 45 minutes each time. This could be his reaction to the Tobi he is doing. He does Tobi 30 days on 30 days off. He is on right now. Some of you might be thinking - well, why doesn't he just stop using it. I wish it were that easy. This medicine is helping but it could be damaging his lungs some also. I wish we had more drugs. That is the reason we fund raise.

Mike is getting worn out. He is tired. Could be time to go back in the hospital soon. He is going to try and come to the Great Strides walk. Last week he was out on his motorcycle. Ups and downs. He lives life to the fullest.
***************************



This young man had a recital a few weeks ago. Next Saturday he will play in front of judges. Such exciting stuff. Last year he got a first. He works hard at his piano lessons.







Can't believe he is eleven already.






LIFE ACCORDING TO DAVID:
This little boy brings so much joy. I love that when I interact with him I remember times with Mike and Richard and Katie that were similar. Living and reminiscing these times are a treasure. I thought I would share our interchange from the other day. I laughed so hard (of course, not in front of him) and then laughed even harder as I told the story to friends. Hope this gives you a smile :)

After giving David a shower I took him in his room and pulled a pair of undies from his undie drawer. As I was putting them on him I stopped and took a closer look.
"David, are these undies dirty!?" I said a little shocked.
"Yes," David replied very matter of factly, "And there are dirty socks in the sock drawer!" he added almost triumphantly, seemingly proud of the fact that he had gotten them into the right drawers apparently all by himself.
"David, why are you putting dirty undies and socks in with the clean ones in your drawers!" I snapped back in a stern tone.
"Well," starting in a somewhat whiney, pleading voice, realizing that maybe he could be in trouble here, "Dad, said I had to clean my WHOLE room!" he responded in his defense.
"WEEELLLL, we don't put dirty clothes in with the clean clothes. We put them in the laundry room!" I retorted sharply.
And in the most innocent, pleading tone he responded, "But Mom, that would be too HARD!"

So in David's 5-year-old world, whatever is easier is right. gsshhh that kid cracks me up.





My little monster is learning to read. He is a smartie. Learning to multiply too! Love this little monster!!


David has been home sick yesterday and today. Fever got as high as 103 last night. Praying he will be able to go on the walk tomrrow. Say a prayer for him! (We know you all pray for us... we appreciate it!!)

Blessings to all of you! Back with more after the walk!!

No comments: