Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Taking a writing class

It is the best class. It helped me journal on this layout that is very important to me.



If you press on the picture you should be able to blow it up big enough to read the journaling. People have asked me how the family does with all these hospitalizations and I think it answers what it is like. It is what it is. It pulls at our heart strings and we move on. But the biggest thing I think this layout will do is help David and maybe even Richard to someday understand how tough these decisions and situations can be. It is not easy to leave Mike alone in the hospital for days and it is not easy to leave small children at home without their mom. I hope this just lets them see into each others world a little better. Teenagers can spend a fair amount of time feeling sorry for themselves. Siblings of chronically ill children are no different. When those times come I hope this and other layouts will help them remember the feelings of love that we all share.

Peace out!
Gina

2 comments:

-km- said...

Gina, this is such a fantastic page! I love the way you tell the story - it is so sweet and yet so sad at the same time.

Unknown said...

One never knows all that is involved with something as "simple" as a visit to an ailing relative. You have made us all understand. When all is said and done-the boys will understand that you did what you had to do, when you had to do it for ALL of them. Sometimes one kid needed more time, but you were there for each of them in their time of need. You are a wonderful Mom Gina-don't forget that!