Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day to YOU!

Proverbs 17:6 "Children's children are a crown to the aged. . ."


Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful mothers out there! Including mine!! Happy Mother's Day mom!



I hope no one was offeneded by the little fun I had yesterday with my kids. I'm still praying we will all be able to be in church TOGETEHR as a family today. That would make me soooo happy!!


But I certainly would never want anyone to think I am ungrateful for the wonderful gift God has given me in the gift of my children.


Children are a gift of the Lord. Psalm 127:3


I am truly humbled, honrored, and grateful that God asked me, in stewardship to him to be a mother of these five blessings in my life.

Many times in the world of CF I meet young women who have CF and are unable to have children due to complications of their CF. They long to be mothers. I have followed some of these women on their journey. They are amazing. I have friends and family fighting fertility issues. They long to have children. I follow their journey. They are amazing. The amazing thing is how much they love their step children, foster children, pets, families, and others around them. I watch them give love to others unconditionally. Isn't that what being a mother is all about? We reflect the love of God to others around us. We nurture and encourage. That's mothering. This world needs more love in it. It doesn't matter what you call it.

I am truly not worthy of the blessings God has given me, especially the blessing of being a mother. I have done it all wrong time and time again yet I am still blessed with forgiveness. I pick myself up and I carry on trying to be better the next time.

Thank you mom for your love and support. Thank you to all you moms and women who share their love in this world that seems to continue to get darker. Your love makes a difference.

Blessings to you and Happy Mother's Day!


P.S. I got my wish!! All my kids in church with me! I am so blessed!!

P.S.S.This picture was taken with my new pocket camera I carried in my purse!! Bonus!

1 comment:

LuAnn said...

Looks like you had a great Mother's Day !!!