Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

Dear Katie,



I love you. I endured much to have you. You were a tough pregnancy. It had nothing to do with the fact that I ate everything in sight and gained 55 pounds. You were a stinker. It took 24 hours of hard labor to bring you into the world. But I didn't even take an aspirin. Nope, wanted you to be as healthy as possible so did it allllll cold turkey. Contractions were 2 minutes apart and lasted for 1.5 to 2 minutes each. You got stuck. They broke my water and said push. I pushed for 6 hours. Burst all the blood vessels in my face. It was special.



I fell in love with you the moment I saw you. You were beautiful then and you are still beautiful. You were a perfect baby (good thing, did I mention the 24 hours of hard labor - most of it back labor!!!). And then you learned to talk. Things got a little challenging. You were tough to rear. I guess the labor should have clued me in.



Love you with all my heart.





Dear Mike,



I love you. I endured much to have you. It took the whole nine months to gain back all of the 55 pounds I had lost in the 3 months before I got pregnant with you. Not an easy task chasing another baby. Labor was a little easier with you. That's because you only weighed 7 pounds. You came out so pale. My beautiful little boy. I got my million dollar family. A boy and a girl. Life was good that first week. And then the screaming started. Hours and hours of walking the floors trying desperately to console you. And then there was more screaming, day after day as I would take you from doctor to doctor not accepting the diagnosis' I would receive like I was just a young stupid mom that didn't know what she was doing.



You were easy to rear. Always so easy going. Good thing after all that screaming.


Love you with all my heart.




Dear Richard,



I love you. I endured much to have you. Did you know that mom got PUPP 12 weeks before you were due? Do you know what that is? Look it up on the computer some day. It was nasty. Mom's whole body swelled with hives that itched. My skin and feet felt like they were on fire. I had little boils all over my hands and when they popped it hurt even worse. I went 5 days with no sleep. I thought I would lose all my marbles the suffering was so long and intense. I went on drugs I never thought I would take while pregnant. Took the epidural to have you. No more natural birth for me. I was weak and didn't think I could do it but you came into the world a beautiful little dark headed boy. You were an easy baby - good thing. Did I mention the PUPP???



Love you with all my heart.





Dear David,

I love you. I endured much to have you. Mommy was old and things don't always work the same. You started to fall out. Mom had to stay off her feet. Pre-term labor started at 4 months. Up for a few hours, down for a few hours. It was hard to sit. It hurt my back. Tried to do the natural childbirth thing and your chord prolapsed. During the emergency C-section the doctor cut across my bladder by accident. He cut again to get you out. Mom had to pee in a bag for 10 days. You were a baby like Mike. You screamed and screamed and screamed. We probably should have taken a cue from Katie and not taught you how to talk. You like to be sassy.


Love you with all my heart.



So Mother's Day is tomorrow and I guess it made me reminisce a bit today. Oh, are you all going shopping today? Well, print this out and take it with you for those moments when you are trying to decide between the $3 box of candy and the nice outfit from The Dress BARN or that pocket digital camera I've been longing for, it may come in handy! Katie, ask dad for the credit card and take the boys with you. Did I mention the 12 hours of hard labor, Katie?!


Well I'm off to do my physical therapy. I have had 6 weeks so far and several more to go. They say my pelvic floor is all messed up from all those pregnancies. I am enduring much to try to get out of the constant pain I have been in the last several years.



Happy shopping kids,

Love you with all my heart,


Mom


P.S. I hope you all enjoyed my little humor. You know that I only have one thing on my wish list. You know what it is but so that others will understand I will type it here:



3 John 1:4 "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth."


See you all in church. . .


I am so blessed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A baby asked God, "They tell me you are sending me to earth tomorrow,
> but how am I going to live there being so small and helpless?"
>
> God said, "Your angel will be waiting for you and will take care of you."
>
> The child further inquired, "But tell me, here in heaven I don't have
> to do anything but sing and smile to be happy."
>
> God said, "Your angel will sing for you and will also smile for you.
> And you will feel your angel's love and be very happy."
>
> Again the child asked, "And how am I going to be able to understand
> when people talk to me if I don't know the language?"
>
> God said, "Your angel will tell you the most beautiful and sweet words
> you will ever hear, and with much patience and care, your angel will
> teach you how to speak."
>
> "And what am I going to do when I want to talk to you?"
>
> God said, "Your angel will place your hands together and will teach
> you how to pray."
>
> "Who will protect me?"
>
> God said, "Your angel will defend you even if it means risking its life."
>
> "But I will always be sad because I will not see you anymore."
>
> God said, "Your angel will always talk to you about Me and will teach
> you the way to come back to Me, even though I will always be next to you."
>
> At that moment there was much peace in Heaven, but voices from Earth
> could be heard and the child hurriedly asked, "God, if I am to leave
> now, please tell me my angel's name."
>
> God said, "You will simply call her, "MOM"


This poem has always made me think of you!!! I love you... lol and I have taken the hint!!! ;P

Love, KatieRae