Thursday, March 5, 2015

Finding My Voice

It's been a long time . . .

I just stopped . . .

It felt like I lost my voice . . .

I know up in the corner of my blog it says why I started this blog. And it is why I started it. . . .

But then it slowly evolved. Sometimes I didn't know whose voice I was speaking . . . mine or Mikes. Truthfully, sometimes it was mine and sometimes it was Mike's. Once in a while he totally hijacked my blog completely and told me what he wanted me to say. I didn't mind at all. This became the place where people could go to find out how Mikey was doing. I promised to be real and I feel like I kept that promise :)

So, I guess it's not unusual that I would stumble about a bit. Not sure how I want to move forward . . , or if I even do.

I was at the dentist and JoBeth said she liked to read about Mikey's stories. Others have shared that they do too. Others said they enjoyed reading my blog and somehow it brought them comfort or peace.

Well, we all know that has nothing to do with me now don't we.

But I feel like I am finding my voice again. So much that I still want to share about the road I traveled with my Mikey. And then there are still all the reasons I started this blog to begin with.

I am one blessed mamma that is for sure. Blessed to still have such peace. Blessed to have a Father who continues to comfort and bring me joy. Blessed with a loving family. Blessed by all of you and your continued support and prayers.


There have been a few rough patches . . but none without God's comfort, love and forgiveness. I am learning how to trust completely . . . and it feels really good. I know there is an end to grief, because there is no end to grace. God is so good.

And look how God blessed us this week:


This young man lettered as a Freshman in Wrestling. We are so proud of him. A lot of hard work paid off for him. It is amazing what he can do when he puts his mind to something! To God be the glory!

And this little guy has a new special friend:

Thank you Zaria for taking such good care of Eva so David could have her :) He sure does love her.

Katie, Gage and Amy are all doing well also.

I am so blessed.

Hubby gave the sermon this week at school. He puts so much into those sermons and devotions. We are blessed by his Divine Call.

It is Lent. It reassures me that I will one day be going to heaven to meet my Savior just like my son did.

All good stuff folks, all good stuff.

Peace and blessings to each of you.

Many prayers going up for Rusty and Laura. May God continue to comfort and uphold you during this trying time. I admire the strength of these women.

Love, love, love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Gina! It's good you are getting your voice back. You have such a talent for sharing, no matter what it is. A letter in wrestling... and to think you could hardly watch...great things are headed your way. Here's to a wonderful lady! Long may you share.

Dana

Unknown said...

Love you, dear sister-in-Christ!