Thursday, February 5, 2009

512 - Oh my!!

That is the number of pictures I took in January - or I should say the number of photos on my computer for the month of January 2009 - yes I have actually already deleted some. YIKES! I really need to be better about taking pictures. Limiting it that is. I mean really, who can manage over 40,000 pictures. That is the number I have total - in the digital format that is. Many more in the hard copy photo album form. DOUBLE YIKES. I'll take ANY suggestions! I am determined to pare this down! I will once again take Stacy Julian's Library of Memories class and I'm hoping it will help in HOW I take my pictures as well as how to organize and get the stories on paper. Many times I think I should just give up the idea of scapbooking but I really do enjoy it most of the time.


So what is the point of taking pictures? That answer I'm sure will be personal to each person answering but I think I will need to revisit my answer before I decide how to best handle the situation of the overflowing photo albums. Over indulgence in anything is just NOT a good thing. I do NOT want to become a slave to these pictures! But really how much time does it take to


take

upload

file

organize

decide which to print

upload to print shop

pick up

put in albums

scrapbook


And I missed a few steps in there. Could be sinful! lol And I wonder why I can't keep up on the dusting and laundry! lol


But think about this - when you pass your photos down to your children and they add them to the thousands they have . . . seriously overwhelming. They'll probably just pitch most of them or they will rot in a huge box b/c no one will have enough time to sort through them. Library of memories here I come!


And with that I will end this with a picture from Jan of 2007 - oldest one on my hard drive right now. David enjoying his first chocolate chip cookie and Rich being a goof behind him. Have a great day!


2 comments:

LuAnn said...

I can't believe you took that many pictures!!! Funny - Hey missed you on Sunday at the table. Someone must of been sick.
Blessings on your week!

Darla said...

LuAnn directed my to your site, since we both love faithbooking! i am currently going back through the old photos and putting them in albums, whew! it's gonna get done, im determined! but it is so overwhelming when you add the amount of photos i currently have in my PC. i see that you understand!