Tuesday, May 25, 2010

It's a new day


It is a new day and I am so thankful to have peace.
.
Started the day with a quick trip to Wal-Mart to get all those things that Mike likes to take with him when he goes on his two week trips to his favorite Wisconsin Resort. Yep, Mike is getting ready to go. Click here to read about how that works. (If you click on the picture you should be able to read the journaling.) We are all stocked up on ketchup, hot sauce, pay day candy bars, oreos, Kleenex, chapstick and chips.
.
I am armed with a list of questions for his docs - thanks to the wonderful CFers we have met online. Hoping to get more answers. Mike is hoping to get relief from the hurting port and get his feeding tube changed to a MUCH smaller one. And of course he wants to breathe better - he is having trouble going up and down the stairs so it is time for IV antibiotics.
.
David is all set to see another pediatric opthalmologist in June. My mom helped me by researching and finding the telephone number so I could make the appointment. That was such a huge help. It is little acts of helping like that, that encourage me and lift me up - helping me to feel like this is all manageable. God is so good. He gives you exactly what you need exactly when you need it.
.
My sister Terri stopped by last weekend and brought me a book. Something to read just for fun - what a novel idea. Okay that was really over the top but seriously, I never read for enjoyment.
.
Today when I opened my email there was a lovely message from someone who just wanted to encourage me - what a blessing.
.
I have so many questions about CF and the aforementioned wonderful CFers online are taking time out of their busy lives to answer my questions and help me understand. Bless them.
.
What we are going through seems so trite compared to what others are facing. Go here to read (and say a prayer for) Jim a CF patient who is going through his double lung transplant recovery. And you all know others who are having a rough time. It is just so reassuring to know that no matter what we are going through - big or small - there are people here to encourage and support us. So thank you all for the encouragement and help. This is a huge step for me - asking for help and accepting it.
.
This is what made me smile today.

Mom: David, what do you want for lunch?

David: Spaghetti O's!!! (I throw them in the microwave)

David: Blows, and blows and blows on them.

Mom: David, eat your lunch before it gets cold.

David: Mom, I need you to put it in there (points to microwave) and make it warm!

Mom: I just did make it warm.

David: No, you made it hot! I want it warm!


His innocence and inexperience always warms my heart. I'm trying to take his advice and laugh more :). This little guy will turn 5 next week. Five is so special. I better be getting busy planning a special day. Today he says he wants a pool. This will change every day until next Friday I'm sure!

This is David showing me what he learned to do at school when the tornado siren goes off.

It's a new day - make it a great one!

No comments: