Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I am humbled and honored! And Little Chute

Praise God, Praise God, Praise God. I have so much to be thankful for. God's mercies are new every morning. I received and accepted a job today. At an awesome company - J.F. Ahern. Just a wonderful opportunity and a blessing for our family. They have excellent benefits and have been a top choice for places to work in this area for the last several years. I am just in awe of how God has blessed us. While so many companies have cut back they are growing. They are fire and mechanical contractors at the top of their industry. I am almost speechless.

Among other blessings received - Piper got her lungs. I wrote about her in a previous post and God has blessed her with a new chance at life with the gift of donor lungs. This young woman near death was spared because of someone's selfless act to become an organ donor. My prayers are with the anonymous donor and family. Through their tragedy they found it in their hearts to bless Piper. God bless them. Again, I am almost speechless. And Piper is not taking this gift lightly. She is working extremely hard to use this gift to its fullest. She should be out of the hospital soon. Check out the link to her website (click on her name above) to read more about it. She is already posting on her blog.

And yet another blessing, neighbors. But not just any neighbors, neighbors from Little Chute. Facebook is such an incredible blessing when you can connect with people who at one point in your life were such a blessing but then with time and space you drift apart. When I think of the parable of the good Samaritan I am reminded of my neighbors in Little Chute. This small community embodies the true Biblical sense of neighbors. I can remember it like it happened yesterday the days leading up to Mike's diagnosis with Cystic Fibrosis. Katie was less than 13 months old when Mike was born and I had my hands full. Countless hours were spent walking the floors with this screaming baby who was literally starving to death in my arms. When he was finally admitted to the hospital, his father Mike, Sr. and I were exhausted. We needed people to watch Katie so we could be with Mike. Everyone pitched in. Family, friends - we were covered. And then a few days later we heard the words Cystic Fibrosis. I quickly looked it up - we were devastated. Mike was slipping away. Doctors told us we needed to get him to the hospital in Madison (2.5 hours away) first thing in the morning. "Be packed and ready to stay for at least two weeks!" I remember my mom staying in the hospital with Mike so I could go home and pack. I got home and looked at the HUGE pile of clothes on the basement floor next to my washing machine. Pack for 2 weeks? I would need to get Katie ready too. I was so far behind. All those sleepless nights - I was exhausted and I only had a few hours. I was emotionally drained wondering if my son really had this fatal disease.

The doorbell rang. It was my neighbors asking what they could do to help. They had heard Mike was critically ill. My neighbors, Megan, Kay, Julie and others I can't remember, picked up my dirty laundry and took it home and brought it back in less than a couple of hours - folded and ready to be packed. That is love - cleaning someone else's dirty laundry! Yes, that still brings tears to my eyes. They did that for me and my family. I have just recently found Kay on facebook. Big hugs and blessings to you. Below are Katie and Mike with their first friends from next door. God is so good. He gives us just what we need, when we need it and I am in awe tonight of his continued blessings in my life. So excuse me for gushing and thanks for listening/reading.


And to our old friends and new friends welcome - it is good to see you!

Blessings!
Stacey, Katie and Mike -Katie, Stacey, Adam and Mike

No comments: