Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Three more sleeps MOM!

That is how I was greeted when I picked David up from 4K yesterday! And of course today I was reminded, "Two more sleeps, mom! Two more sleeps until my birthday!" Oh to be 4 years old and turning 5 - how special.
.
Mike called me after supper tonight to let me know that he was finally told that his surgery will be on Monday. So now I can plan a birthday party for Friday. So now I CAN plan a birthday party for Friday. So NOW I can plan a birthday party for Friday. I can. I can do this!
.
Chronic illness -- well, is chronic. There is no controlling it or planning for it - for the most part. It is part of what makes it difficult. In the past few weeks we have received two wedding invitations, several graduation party invitations, birthday party invitations etc., etc. We have a large family. What we didn't get was an invitation that stated that Mike's two week party in Madison would start on exactly May 26th and end on June 9th (God willing). How do you respond?
.
I really hope that people know me well enough to know how much I love to be with people. I love to celebrate! I love to attend and bring something with me to contribute. But things are getting difficult. Part of my learning to deal with CF getting more difficult is to admit when I need help AND to let people know where we are at so they can understand what we are going through. So this is me telling those I love - it is hard for me to plan now. I will do the best I can to attend as much as possible - because we all want to. But that may mean that sometimes we will only be able to give a few days notice. I hope and pray that if that is ever a problem that you will be honest and let me know. Weddings are especially tough. I understand how much each plate at a dinner costs. To have us suddenly not show up would be a bummer. Sometimes I have opted to skip the dinner and just go to the reception to avoid this problem. Thank you for understanding.
.
The other thing that I would respectfully ask is that if we have extended an invitation to us or accepted an invitation from us and someone in your family is sick that you would call and give me a heads up. Obviously, as Mike's CF has continued to progress this is a serious concern. Having three children in our home already puts us at extra risk. We need to be very careful. Thank you for understanding.
.
Well it is off to bed - I'm going to be getting up early to plan this little man


a very special 5th birthday!!
Blessings!

No comments: