Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful

I know we aren't supposed to think about thankfulness just on Thanksgiving. But what better time to pause and capture those things we are thankful for on a daily basis. I am a scrapbooker and I love to record the ordinary, everyday stuff. Life is good. Memories are priceless.


I have a little book next to my computer where I have recorded things I am thankful for. Here are some of my thoughts from the little book:


I am thankful. . .
  • for my sister
  • that God blessed me with a daughter
  • for the imagination of my children
  • one-hour photos
  • FREEDOM and for the people who will ensure that
  • for my scrapbook hobby
  • for movement
  • that my hubby takes his role as spiritual leader in our family seriously
  • for church and the Word
  • for good surgeons and patient nurses
  • for FAMILY and getting together
  • for church fellowship
  • for discipline, self-control, and the guidance of the Word
  • that all my needs are met
  • for Mike
  • my husband and his kind and generous heart
  • for Lynn's help
  • for God's free GRACE
  • to be able to give back
  • that God protects our children even when we can't

These are in no particular order and by no means encompass all of my blessings. They are just a few from the list of many - each entry has the date I wrote it and sometimes an explanation of why I wrote it. Fond memories. I am thankful I took the time to do this.


Psalm 103:2 Praise the Lord, O my soul; and forget not all his benefits . . .


It is always a good time to remember all the blessings.


And speaking of blessings. I am so blessed by this little boy. The innocence and wonder of his little mind blesses me. Here he is with the Fleet Farm Toy Catalog. Kept him quiet for over 30 minutes!



I am so blessed!! I am blessed by each and everyone of you. Thank you for the cards and words of encouragement. I am in awe of those of you who reach out to us and help us during this trying time.

Happy Thanksgiving. Blessings to you.

No comments: