Saturday, June 14, 2014

6/14/14 Update

Mike was admitted to the hospital today. Stats are as follows:

FEV1 - 18%
25/75 - 3% (indicates small airways)
Weight - around 125
O2 - 88 (on room air)
BP - 119/78
HR - 129

What does all that mean? Mike is pretty sick. He did a 6 min walk test. He needed 3 liters of O2. That is about the same amount that he has needed at night for quite some time.

Mike has the best team at our clinic. He is getting excellent care. We are both so thankful for all that they continue to do for him.

I'm pretty tired but I wanted everyone to know that he is doing OK. When I left he was pretty tired and looking forward to getting some sleep. Port was accessed successfully with no issues. He is on Oxygen and that makes him more comfortable.

Mike had some pretty in depth conversations with his doctor. We will be sharing more about that tomorrow.........or I guess that would be today.

Sweet dreams Mike. Love you lots. Over 200 people stopped by the blog to see how you are doing today because you are so loved. Peace.

Blessings to you and thanks for stopping by! We appreciate your prayers and support.

P.S. Mike is in room D6/520 ..... he could use your encouragement. Thanks.

2 comments:

Julie Wilson said...

Thanks Gina! I have been sharing the blog on Facebook and lots of others are sharing now too :) Praying for him out here.....hoping he's in good spirits and knows we all care and love him. Go Mike, Go Mike, Go Mike...(that's my attempt at a cheer...I kicked my leg up too :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates. Love ya mike and my prayers are wit you.