Monday, June 2, 2014

Milestones

This young man has celebrated lots of milestones lately.

Richie was confirmed on April 24, 2014. We are so proud of him. Three confirmations past and one to go. We are so blessed. We had a nice reception for him following the service. Thanks to my mom and my sisters we had lots of food to eat and a pretty cake too. Four of his sponsors were here and two were not feeling well and couldn't make it.

This was my favorite picture taken of Richie that day.



On May 22, 2014 Richie graduated from the 8th Grade. He has been a really great student and gets good grades. This was his most difficult year. He is ready to be in High School. After the closing service the kids were given a reception by the 7th grade class.


The kids were silly and shared silly stories.


I found the evening to be painful. Probably because I have the patience and pain tolerance of a gnat.  I'm not a fan or sarcasm or satire. The thing I enjoyed most was one of Richie's classmates, Noah T, reading a speech about what Christian Education means to him. He did an excellent job writing and giving this speech. It was the highlight of the evening.

Wednesday will be another big day for Richard. He will be getting braces put on his teeth. He's been waiting a long time.

What things are you celebrating?

Blessings to you!

No comments: