Monday, October 13, 2014

It was a tough day Momsters

I guess some days will be like that. . . tougher than others

For no apparent reason. . .

I went to church and it was wonderful. Pat S is always so kind and supportive. Bless her.

I miss Mike.

I thought about how he always coped. I got busy. Stayed on task.

My number one coping mechanism through all of this has been and is thankfulness. Thinking about things I'm thankful for and writing them down. I still struggled.

Went into work.

Nothing helped.

Just a tough day . . .

Psalm 23 came to me.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. . .
Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me . . .

I started to feel comforted. I could imagine what my Savior would say to me. . .

Gina, you didn't trust me. I told you I would work all this out.

I know, I know, God.

You worried and you didn't need to.

I know, I know, God. You were right.

Instead of trusting in Me you trusted in other things.

Yea, that was really dumb, God.

Do you trust me now? Do you trust me to take that pain?
You know only I can take away that kind of pain, don't you?

Yes, I do. I've seen you do it before God.

And, hey God, thanks for gently nudging me with your rod and your
staff and not beating me over the head with it. I know I would deserve it.

That's what went through my head. Along with forgiveness. I know I am forgiven.
That's a cool God thing.

And then I thought about Mike again and how he always coped. I did the phone a friend like he did.

I feel so much better tonight.

And now I will leave you with something that is sure to make you smile. It does me :)

If you don't want to listen to the whole thing scroll to the 2:30 mark :)


My little David . . .singing for his brother, one last time.
God is so good! Blessings to you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How beautiful Gina! Dana M

Anonymous said...

Gina, I'm just reading this today... Thank you for sharing. I wish I could see you and just give you a hug. Diane C. M

teresa said...

Wow. Just wow! How you will treasure that moment when sweet David's angelic voice rang throughout the church in honor of his brother. I believe Mike was sitting at the right hand of Jesus beaming with pride at his little brother. And I suspect the Angels all stopped what they were doing to marvel at the sound that wafted up to Heaven! What an amazing family you have. I love you. Teresa