Thursday, October 9, 2014

Modern Technology

Hi everyone,

So much to type, so little time.

I went back to work this week. It feels good to be back. I also wish I had more time. Life is always a balance.

I am still experiencing so many blessings. They just keep coming. I want to share them all with all of you. You have helped our family so much. All in time.

I am working on my thank yous. I know all the etiquette books say to let people help you . . .

Of course, I wanted to make my own.

Of course, I want to write them myself. I wish I could send you each a personal letter. I know I can't right now. But I can tell you the stories of how you and others have blessed us, by writing about them on this blog. I am still in awe of how God has worked through all of this. We are so blessed.

Momsters, I don't know what to say . . . I can not allow myself to wallow. When I get sad because I miss my Mikey I immediately think about what he is experiencing right now and my heart feels joy. I have such confidence in where Mike is and who he is with. I feel so honored to have a child in heaven. It feels like an accomplishment but I know it has nothing to do with me. God did this all and allowed me to be a part of it.

At work today I noticed that my phone was not on my desk. My boss allowed me to keep my phone with me so Mike could get a hold of me when he needed me. I took my phone out and looked at it. I realized I still had voicemails from Mikey. When I got home I Googled how to get them off my phone and keep them. I love the internet and modern technology.

I found a voicemail Mike sent me on my birthday. I was able to record it onto my computer through a free program called Audacity. I love hearing Mike's voice telling me happy birthday and saying I love you. I will treasure that always. If any of you have voicemails from Mike I can help you get them recorded if you would like to keep them.
 
I am thankful I am a bit of a techno geeky granny :)

Then Bear came over and he gave me this :


Bear took a screen shot of his text with Mike when he came home from the hospital for the last time. Then he texted it to me and I figured out how to get it to my computer. Whew, that was a lot of figuring stuff out for an old grandma!! lol

If any of the brothers can take screen shots like the one above I would love for you to text them to me. Thanks for sharing your pieces of Mike!

Thank you Bear and the THMC brothers. What you did tonight lifted such an incredible burden from our family. Another blessing that I will tell you all about soon.

So blessed by this HUGE family I have.

Keep loving it forward people - LOVE IT FORWARD!!

Blessings to you!

1 comment:

teresa said...

Blessings come in such unexpected packages. That text and that voicemail are extra special packages. XXOOTeresa