Sunday, January 25, 2009

Chicken Chili

First let me just say I don't "normally" use boxed mixes etc., etc., BUT. . . my sister-in-law made this and even though it is SUPER easy give it a try b/c it is really awesome and has become a family favorite :)

Chicken Taco Soup
2 - 12oz cans white chicken - OR - chicken breasts cooked and chopped up (I do my own)
1 small onion chopped and sauteed
1 - 16 oz chili beans (I use medium sauce)
1 - 16 oz can white beans (mine say northern)
1 - 16 oz can pinto beans
1 - 16 oz can of corn
1 can Ro-tel tomatoes (i use small one with chilies)
1 larger can diced tomatoes (i use whatever is on sale)
1 pkg taco seasoning (I've used all different kinds - no difference)
1 pkg ranch dressing (the dry kind in the little package)

Throw it all in a crock pot or dutch oven - DO NOT DRAIN ANYTHING. Yep, just open cans and packages and throw it all together. sinful isn't it. Add tomato juice/or sauce if you want more liquid.

Then you really just need to cook long enough to let the flavor cook through. You can put this in the crock for several hours or just simmer on your stove for a few hours.

Top with shredded cheese, tortilla chips (my son prefers corn chips) and some sour cream. It is SOOOOOOO good and really fills you up. You can make this as hot or mild as you like! Just use mild chili beans and no chilies in the tomatoes if you have small kids :)

Let me know if you guys like it. Even my 8 year old loves it.

2 comments:

Edie said...

Mmmm this sounds really good and EASY! I love easy. I make a soup called 7 can soup that very easy and good too. I will be keeping your receipe. Thanks!

LuAnn said...

Thanks !!!!!