Saturday, January 24, 2009

You are my God and I will exalt you . . .

This is the day the Lord has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it.
O Lord, save us;
O Lord grant us success. . . .

You are my God, and I will give you thanks;
you are my God, and I will exalt you.
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
his love endures forever.

Such passages of comfort. Not from my Bible reading today but lead to them as I am reading Matthew with the People's Bible commentary and just at the beginning of Jesus' suffering and death. The commentator asks to have you read Psalm 15-118 to see how they relate to the Passover dinner Jesus shared with his disciples and instituted the Lord's supper. Just before these wonderful passages above is a passage that Jesus uses to show his disciples some of the prophesies about him:

The stone the builders rejected has become the capstone;
the Lord has done this,
and it is marvelous in our eyes. Psalm 118:22-23

Reading through the passion of our Christ and looking again at what he "DID" - "for us" is comforting. Knowing that an all loving God is working all things out for our good.

*******************

Contemplating and pondering my time in Tishbe . . . thankful for this time to grow. Sorrowful at the loneliness it brings. God is faithful and good.

*******************

Not many pictures this week. But thankful that I can and have opportunity to take them. At this time last year I could not get a camera within 3 feet of my face (and let's not even think back to how hard it was to get dressed, lol - thanks hubby). I was teased about not having my sidekick - the camera and it was a long road back. Thankful to be able to move again after my fall and rehab. I think I'll go take some pictures today to celebrate :).

No comments: