Sunday, January 11, 2009

Jan 7


I couldn't pick just one!

Okay, for what I lack in creativeness - I try to make up in just a tinsy bit of techno geekiness! hah!

My sister Terri gave me the book, "Simplify Your Holidays" by Marcia Ramsland, for Christmas. It's a great book and I will try to implement some of her wonderful suggestions for next Christmas. For now she said to take a picture of all your decorations to help things go more quickly next year. So today I ran around and took several pictures of our Christmas decorating - which, sad to say gets less and less every year it seems. But humble as it may be here it is in one photo! lol I couldn't pick just one photo out of the group so I used six. I made a blank photoshop document and pasted in six 3x3 tiny pics then downsized for the web and uploaded. I have documented how to do this on several sites as people ask me (I also use this on my monthly 12 on the 12th pages) so I would be more than happy to help. Let me know. I am going to open up my blog today so ask away :)!

Now a little explanation of the pics:
1. This Nativity is made out of fabric! It is awesome and sits just inside my front door. The kids can pick it up and study the pieces and alas - many a day the baby Jesus goes missing. He seems to be a favorite with the kiddos. We always find him and he goes back to his cradle! This was made by a dear friend. Priceless

2. Aren't those ornaments beautiful. They are one of the few things DH Paul has from his fraternal grandmother. She made them herself. We have several different ones on the tree. I see a scrapbook happening here to just document all the ornaments and how special they are so that if something were to ever happen to Paul or me . . . you know :). Priceless and irreplaceable!

3. The snowman is a scream. He didn't get batteries this year. He is cute and activated by motion when he splits down the middle and his top goes up and music plays and a winter scene goes round and round. Well folks what goes up must come down and last year he tried to take Jack's finger with him. He is NOT kid friendly and it was hard to get his finger out of there. I don't know who was more scared - me or Jack! So NO batteries this year - maybe next year :).

4. This is my built in buffet with fake (allergies you know) poinsettia and runner. Our house was built in 1910 and the buffet is built in and beautiful - love to show it off with seasonal stuff!
5. This little Nativity sits up in our window (love the lead windows) all year. I think we should always think of the nativity ;). Good reminder of what Christ did for us!

6. This little Nativity sits on a coffee table and yes that is just a towel under it. lol I couldn't keep the boys away from it so I just protected my table and let their curiosity be fulfilled. They picked up the pieces and rearranged them everyday. We've had this for a long time but there really is no special value or meaning so I say - let them play and observe - surprisingly nothing was hurt in the least!

So that is my "one" photo for today! snicker, snicker
P.S. You can click on any of my pictures and they will blow up much larger for viewing in a new tab.

No comments: