Sunday, January 4, 2009

Jan 3


Today was a special day. I got to have breakfast with three of my Aunts, my Mom and Dad, my sister, and a cousin. Now of course, this just doesn't happen by chance. Someone has to make it all happen. That someone was me, lol. Aunt Rosemary's birthday is January 4th so I decided we should all take her out for breakfast. I called her two sisters that are healthy and my Dad (her brother). I got my sister to join in and my cousin Karrie, her daughter-in-law. We met at 8 a.m. on a Saturday morning at the Delta Restaurant in Oshkosh. Not exactly convenient for me from Fond du Lac but worth the effort to get to see all these special people. My father is so blessed to be 75 years old and still have five sibling living. He doesn't see his brother Paul much but his sisters certainly enjoy his company. So it turned out to be my Dad and all the girls. FUN
Again, I can never stress enough how worth the extra effort these things are. My Aunt is 74 today and my Dad is 75. Aunt Jean was 86 in November and Joyce was 76 in November also. How often will this really happen? Well God willing it will happen again in February for my Mom's birthday! Pictured top row: Me, my Dad, David, Aunt Jean, and my sister Terri. Bottow from left: Mom, Shirley, Aunt Joyce, Aunt Rosemary and cousin, Karrie!
Later in the day Paul and I drove to Oshkosh to have dinner with my brother Darick and his wife Anne. We went out early so we could beat the predicted ice storm coming. I had left my sweater in Appleton at the museum and Darick had left his shoes at our house when I hosted our Christmas get together on Dec. 26. Of course I forgot to take them with me when I saw him again at the museum, urgh! Paul and I usually only get out to dinner about twice a year. After a quick dinner that was just over $20 thanks to the coupon Darick had, paying the sitter $20 and gas and all, I remembered why! lol I'm not complaining, I'm glad we're able to do this once in a while but it will be a few years before we're able to do this more than once or twice a year :) What a fun family filled day to end our Chrismas festivities!
Peace

No comments: