Thursday, September 25, 2014

Dear God,

Can you hear me?
I knew you could
I know you know what I'm going through
I know this because you had a son too
And he suffered too
He suffered so much more than Mike or I or anyone else 
So I know you know how I feel - it gives me comfort right now
And I just want to thank you. Because as I watch my son suffer I can only partially imagine what you went through.
Thank you for bearing through it . . .
For me .  . .
For my son . . . so that we will not have to suffer what your son did.
You have never left us. You are right here giving us peace.
But your son didn't have that pleasure. He was abandoned.
Right now, maybe more than any other time in my whole life I appreciate the gift you have given us.
How you suffered too but you still gave up your son for us. It is awesome Grace.
My heart pours out with thankfulness.
It even makes me feel privileged that you are allowing me to go through this suffering so that I appreciate all you and your son have done for me and my family. Thank you for knowing ahead of time how Mike and CF would bless us.

You are sending lots of people to me right now.
I want to thank you for that too.
I need each and every one of them.

I would like to keep my son all to myself but you didn't keep your son all to yourself so I'm trying to live by your example and I am sharing Mike's last moments with others. Thank you for that opportunity.

No I didn't forget, God.
I know Mike is your son and I need to give him back to you soon because you miss him too.
Thanks for talking to him everyday through his walk. It gave him great comfort.
It gives me great comfort now too, to know that you two have always been best friends.

So I just wanted to send you a quick note to let you know how much I appreciate all that you have done for us and all that you are still working out for us. I thank you and praise you. All glory and honor be yours now and forever. You ROCK God, You Rock. Thank you for giving us peace.

Thank you for giving us Mike.

No more words right now God. You'll have to look into my heart to see the rest. Talk to you soon.

Thanks too for the love, love, love.

Love, love, love.

No comments: