Friday, September 26, 2014

Remember

I know, I know...
I'm incessant....but you said "Pray without ceasing" and you knew I was like this.
My other bosses know I'm like this too...Just ask Pastor Nauman or Dave.....they have to put up with me too. I know Pastor Nauman isn't my boss any more but he's still part of the plan and he's going to be contacting you soon.

Do you remember this conversation I had with Katie when she was 4 years old?

"Mommy, why do you pound on Mikey?"
Me: So he doesn't get sick.
"Oh, and what if he get's sick?
Me: Then we will take him to the doctor and they will make him better.
"Oh, and what if the doctor can't make him better?
Me: Then we will take him to the hospital and they will make him better - you know that Katie, you come there with us.
"Oh, yeah, that's right Mommy" and she scampered happily away. And in a moment she returned with a serious look on her face and put her hand on my shoulder and tipped her head and said, "And Mommy, what if the hospital can't make Mikey better?"
And I looked her right in the eye God, and you told me to say, "Then Jesus will take him and make him all better." Elated and with a giggle Katie said, "Oh, YES JESUS!"

I didn't lie did I?

So God, I can't pound on Mikey anymore.
And I can't take him back to the doctor because he has hospice instead.
And I can't take him to the hospital because he has a DNR.
So I think it is your turn now right God?

That's our plan right?

I'm getting a little excited. There is this joy coming that is new to me today. I guess you must be on your way. I'm glad I didn't lie to Mikey's sister Katie.

I couldn't sleep last night God, because I hadn't asked my brothers and sisters in Christ to pray for Mike while he sleeps. I know you promised that Mike can't be snatched from your had but you also told us all to pray. It's going to get loud.

I know I keep asking about your timing. And everyday you show me the blessings you are giving Mike and me through this pain. Thank you for always knowing what's best and having my back.

CF got much bigger than Mikey God.
And Mikey's legacy is getting much bigger than me. Help me to help them too God. It's not just about Mikey and me. There are so many that need your comfort.

Can you help them all to "love it forward?"
There are dancers and brothers and siblings and CFers and moms and dads. And maybe God, if you don't mind, you could get them all together. So that we can all feel comfort during this game plan.
They all need this peace that you've given me and Mikey, K?

Hospice nurse said you are coming soon so I'm going to go get ready now. I hope I am in the room when you get there. I told Mikey I would put his hand in yours because he will be sleeping. It's all part of the plan God, Right?

We patiently await your arrival. Thank you God, I have peace. My heart is so full.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blessings to you Mike, Gina and your whole family. May Mike's journey be peaceful and swift and your pain at the loss be lessened by the knowledge that he is with Jesus and he is now healed. Hold onto that Gina, it will help, this I can promise you, it will help. Love to you and Mike. Dana M

Unknown said...

Praying for you Gina as you let your son move on from this place to his forever home in heaven. Hugs to you. You are an amazing Christian Mom.

M Jones said...

Beautiful words from a strong Christian mom! Prayer warriors continue to lift all of you up in prayer.

Darcy said...

Oh my word Gina...you are AMAZING! So is Mikey! God is truly working THROUGH you and IN YOU!!! You are both God's instruments to touch lives with HIS amazing GRACE and LOVE....I pray that you ARE right there to put Mike's hand into God's so he can finally run with Jesus and NOT be without enough breath!!! The Holy Spirit will take care of that!!! Love and HUGS!!!! Darcy

Anonymous said...

Praying for continued strength and peace for Mike, you and your family.
Karrie

Unknown said...

Beautifully written. I heard from a friend once that God is never early, He is never late, He is always on time. As you prepare for what is to come I pray for the strength and love your family needs. Many hugs and much love!

Becky Lauersdorf said...

Praying for you continually.

Unknown said...

Praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful words, full of strength. Thank you for sharing so much of yourself, and Mike's story. The example you set for anyone reading is heartwarming. Sending love and prayers.

Anonymous said...

I am praying for all those in your "family" that need strength. God is wonderful and has given you many blessings. He will bring you through this journey. You have a great outlook in realizing there is somewhere much better for all those who suffer (and those that do not, too). Pray for those who have not accepted the grace of the Lord that they may find Him and the peace He offers us.