Tuesday, September 23, 2014

You know you are loved when . . .

Your little brother sings you a lullabye hymn . . .that he picked out on his own from his memory....because he knew it fit the occasion perfectly.


When you are sick, when death draws near,
This truth your troubled heart can cheer:
Christ Jesus saves my soul from death
This is the anchor of my faith!

Security has to be called to ensure all your friends have enough space to park


And all your brothers come

And good friends come from miles and miles away
and wait for hours
just to have the chance to say good bye.


 
                And your Uncle draws an awesome picture
of you while he is thinking about you.


And your very favorite nurse in the whole wide
world can't hold back the tears any longer

                             
       And your little brothers sing their memory work hymns to you.

 
And the most precious NP in the whole wide world comes to your bedside to reassure you that things will go exactly as you would like them too. To continue to give her love and support and make sure that every last request is fulfilled.
 
 
 
And more uncles fight back emotion and play his guitar to ease the tension in the room
 
 
 
 
 
 
And your sister stays by your side and holds your
hand to let you know she is there.
 
 
And you know you are loved . . .
 
When you can feel the love from all your sisters and brothers in Christ lifting you up in prayer...
And you have peace.
 
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
John 14:27
 
Thank you all for your love, prayers, support and thoughts. You'll never know until you go through something like this how much it helps. Mike is hanging on. He has been a little more alert tonight which is such a blessing for those of us who want to speak to him. But most importantly - he has peace. We all have peace.
 
Love, love, love.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I send my thoughts, prayers and love to Mike and his family. I have only known him about a year but I can honestly say he is one of the most kind, talented, fun people I have ever got the honer of meeting. Stay strong Mike <3

Anonymous said...

Gina and Mike, May God grant you peace and comfort during these trying times. Gina I appreciate your updates and your words are so eloquent. I know writing really helped me with Debi's struggles. Like Mike, she was a fighter and a remarkable person. God bless you all and know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Mike you are a remarkable young man. Your attitude and humility in your fight really bring home what life and living is really all about. We can only strive to be as faithful, inspired and positive as you have been throughout your whole life. Thank you for being that inspiration! Thank you for showing us how to live with grace. Thank you for allowing your Mom to share with me. Many blessings to you all. Dana M.

Unknown said...

Mike,
I wish I could say these words in person ... In the last 10 words I've known you,you have to be one of the most positive people I've known! I've seen you bounce back from time and time again to only inspire yourself,friends and family and make yourself and them happy !! I really hope and pray on your next journey you will be able to continue those traits through spirit and you will have no boundaries or roadblocks to stop you !! I wish all the best to the entire family and my thoughts and prays are with you !
Sincerely and respectfully yours,
Brian

Unknown said...

What a family! Mike - your strength and your fight is an inspiration. We met you at a fundraiser when you were very young and you've grown to be an incredible young man. Praying for you and your amazing family everyday. God's peace. Mark & Kathy Verhagen

Molly Zornow said...

Our hearts are so full reading all of the positivity and love that oozes from these words. You are one special family. Thinking and praying for each and every one of you. Mike, thank you for teaching us how to live. Not to sweat the small stuff, not to take one day for granted. We admire you, look up to you, and hope to carry just an ounce of your strength.

"I love you like my own kid" - TZ

Peace and love,
The Zornow Family


Molly Zornow

Amelia Rose said...

I will always cherish the moments we spent together learning our dance routines for competitions. Blessed to have had that time together. You have been more than just a great dancer but a great blessing to all your family and friends.

Your friend
Amelia

Anonymous said...

Hey Bro. Just wanted you to know that it has been an Absolute honor to have you as a brother. The strength that you have to go through all you do is unbelievable. You always push through all the hard times and still smile. You truly are an inspiration to us all. I just want you to know that we all love you and will forever be your Brothers.

Love ya Bro

Radar. T.H.M.C

Jane Brady said...

Prayers and peace to Mike and you all as he finds his wings and flies free, through the grace of our Lord.

Mike's tenacity and grace of spirit in the face of living with CF have both awed and inspired me.

I hope the Angels in Heaven are ready to Salsa and take a ride on the wild side with a truly wonderful man. Safe journey to you, Mike.

mommierose said...

Mike, we've only just run into each other from time to time since freshman year, but every time we've run into each other I've always been struck by your genuine realness. Plus you're the only person I've ever known who can actually juggle!
May the loving arms of our Savior envelop you and your family with a peace which surpasses all our human understanding.
May the hands that pray for you now lift you up in comfort and joy in knowing you are loved beyond measure.
Liz (Brenner) Rose

Unknown said...

My name is Cassie Husby and I have CF as well. I go to UW and know Erin and Brooke very well (love those girls.) I am so sorry to hear about Mike and how nasty CF is. My husband is a Pastor Peace in Hartford (WELS) and its amazing how faith helps. What would we do without it?! Many prayers for you all.

Anonymous said...

My love and prayers go out to you Mike and to your family. You put up one hell of a fight and you will be in everyone's hearts from now till the end of time.