Sunday, September 28, 2014

He lives - The Victory is Won

On September 28th our Savior in his infinite wisdom took the soul of my son Michael Richard Van Deurzen, Jr. to the room he prepared for him in heaven.

Not because he was good enough . . .

Not because he suffered enough here on earth but because Jesus suffered the rest for him.

Because God saw that everything he had asked Mike to do was complete, he ended his time of Grace.


Then Jesus came and said, "This one is mine, see, his name is written in the book of life. The Holy Spirit wrote it there." And Jesus carried his soul to heaven.

And before we grieve I would just ask you to join me in a prayer of thanksgiving.

Dear Heavenly Father,

I thank you and praise your holy name for the gift you have given me in this precious son. I am humbled and thankful.

I thank you for every minute of the 31 years that you loaned us your son. For all the joy and all the sorrows. Thank you for giving Mike 60 years of love in only 31.

I thank you that through your Son you assured me of Mike's salvation.

I thank you that because YOUR Son suffered and died, my son will have eternity in paradise. And thank you Lord that, that salvation covers me too, so that I will one day be reunited with Mike in heaven.

In Jesus name we pray.
Amen

1 Peter 5:10 And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power forever and ever. Amen
 And now my friends it is time to grieve and say good-bye.

Ecclesiastes 3:4  A time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance.

Please sisters and brothers don't leave me just yet. I had to stay strong for Mike and I haven't had my time to grieve. I need your support to honor Mike's mortal remains. We will be making those arrangements over the next few days.

Please help me say good-bye to my our Mike(y). I'll see you at the funeral.

Breathe easy my precious son. Well done good and faithful servant.
 
I hope you're dancing up in heaven with King David because the Bible tells us that he can really rock out!!

I hope that I will see all of you too when I get to see Mike again in heaven.

Love, love, love you forever. My heart is so full.

Shalom

P.S. As everyone has become aware during this final round of Mike's, there are many pieces to Mike. All of these pieces are scattered through all of you. Can I get them back? Over the next months and years I will grieve all that I missed with Mike while being his nurse, manager, and tutor. You can come back here to get my pieces because I'm sure I'll be sharing them. You know how to get a hold of me to share your pieces. Thanks so much. Love it forward people, love it forward. 

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Hugs, Gina, to you, Katie and the family. You are one of the strongest women I know. Thank you for sharing Mike with us and giving us these beautiful words. I miss him already and will share my piece of him with you. Lots of hugs.

Anonymous said...

Praise God Gina. I awoke in the middle of the night and was lead to pray hard for you, Mike and your family. I heard the trumpets sound, I saw the angels gather and form a double row along a winding path. Then I heard the words ... Well done good and faithful servant! It's time to come home! Next I heard...Thank you Gina for taking such good care of my son. You have made sure he will have a place in My house...Well done good and faithful servant....WELL DONE! The angels guided him through heaven as you guided him through life. You are a strong, faithful and courageous woman Gina! Blessings to you, Blessings to your family. Mike has won the ultimate battle and can dance without pain now. Praise God our wonderful heavenly Father.

Unknown said...

My heartfelt prayers and deepest sympathy are with you and your family. May your faith and strength prevail to help you through such a difficult time. May God bless all those who loved Mike.

Janna said...

BEAUTIFUL message, Aunt Gina. Love you!

Unknown said...

I'm very sorry for your loss Gina. God bless you and your family, One thing I've learned from Mike is how positive he was no matter what the situation was and when things get tough ,I can be more positive.
Prays and thoughts,
Brian

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much, your blog is beautiful Mike will be missed you are the best mom he could of ever asked for RIP Magik Mke

Becky Lauersdorf said...

I know that my Redeemer lives! What comfort you have knowing Mike is safe in the arms of Jesus Christ right now. Praying for peace as you grieve for your child.

Jane Brady said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and emotions so openly, Gina. I think it very courageous, and I cannot imagine how difficult it has been these last days. My deepest and most heartfelt sympathy to you and the rest of Mike's family. He touched so many lives, and I know his memory will cherished. You are all in my prayers. May the Lord sustain you and keep you, and bring you his peace.

Darcy said...

Hugs...love....take time Gina, when things calm down to mourn the loss of your beloved son; 'blessed are those who mourn for they SHALL be comforted. Friends in Christ forever! I have shoulders if you ever run out of ones to cry on/with....I don't think that will happen though because you are loved by so many!!!

Anonymous said...

We have never met. In fact, I only met your son a few times but his personality left an impression. I've seen the love for your son through many mutual friends and have been praying. Continuing to pray for you as you encounter your grief and I can see many others will be coming alongside you.
May God wrap His loving arms around you and bring you and your family comfort during this time. He will be there when you need to lean on someone.

Anonymous said...

Praise be to God. I know it was faithful but in the same way a hard journey. You are one of kind and have been a real inspiration to me and many others. Thank You

Anonymous said...

Deepest sympathy for you all, Gina. I've only recently became aware of this journey and trial for Mike and your family. Just makes me wonder how much I miss, and that I become so wrapped up in the things in my own life. Thank you for sharing on this blog. Your faith has shined through and the glory and praise you've given to God through this has been a blessing for many. May God be with you in the days and years ahead. In Christian love, Diane Calkins

Unknown said...

Praying for your comfort and peace.
With Love,
Amy Stellmacher

Anonymous said...

Gina, Katie and family. My heart is heavy with the news of Mikey's passing. He was a brave, sweet little boy when I knew him living across the street in Colleyville. I can only imagine the strong man he became. Please know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. You loved him well and now he is safely wrapped in God's arms. I wish you and your family peace. Love, Lin Przybyl

Anonymous said...

Gina and family-
I rejoice knowing that Mike is now in Heaven! I pray the Lord continues to give you the strength you will need in the days ahead.
Love,
Karrie Race

Unknown said...

Gina ~ sending you all our deepest sympathy during this time of loss. Our hearts are so heavy with the loss of a great friend today. Mike was so brave and strong in his fight with CF, unless you knew him he never would let on that something was wrong. I could never imagine what it must have been like for you as his mother. You are so brave and so strong yourself, but now able to grieve his loss. May God continue to stregthen you and comfort your heart. Please know that you and the whole family are in Scott's and my prayers, and thoughts,. Not a day will go by forgotten of how Mike touched our lives!!! May God wrap you in his arms and give you peace in knowing that your son is finally at peace and can breath again.
Love you all, Scott & Esther

Anonymous said...

Prayers of peace and comfort to you and your family in this difficult time.

Respectfully
Corrine & Ryan

Anonymous said...

I have never met your son but he has inspired me as well as alot of othet people that did not know him. Through all the posts I did see he was one amazing person. May God help you and your family through this very difficult time.