Friday, September 26, 2014

Dear God

It's me again

Thank you Father because I still have peace.

I hope you don't mind that I'm using social media to talk to you. You must not mind because you created it. It's just that I have all these sisters and brothers in Christ praying over me right now and when they know what's on my heart they pray it with me. That makes it nice and loud so I know that you will hear me.

Job used to pray for his sons and daughters in case they were naughty, remember that? He did that before you took all of his sons and daughters to heaven in one day. So I'm going to do that too. I know that Mikey sinned God, I know he did. I wasn't always the greatest example. Please forgive us.

Mikey is still here God and he's fighting really hard. Thank you Father for giving me this awesome son. I love him. I tried really hard to do a good job. I know I messed up sometimes but I know you knew I couldn't be perfect. You blessed me far beyond anything I deserve. That is so cool about your Grace and forgiveness God. Only you could come up with something as cool as Grace.

I'm just kinda wondering God, if my son's work down here is going to be done pretty soon. I'm not complaining God you see my heart. It's just that he's getting pretty tired now. And I'm getting ready to let him go. I'm OK that it is your turn when you are ready. You are such a good Father. I know you are the only one who loves Mikey more than me.

CFers are gonna fight God. Remember when we taught Mikey how to do that. You called it discipline. I used to tell him that if I didn't make him obey you then I would be sinning too. He was a pretty obedient boy and you forgave all the rest. He's been doing this fighting thing for 31 years now God and I think he doesn't know how not to fight.

We taught him all about you too God, remember that. Yep, his baptism, then the Holy Spirit took over and voila - faith growing like a mustard seed. He hasn't forgotten that either. That faith has stood firm - just like you promised. I don't think he doesn't know how not to have faith.

Just as sure as Mikey isn't going to lose his faith God, he isn't going to stop fighting. But I'm thinking it is time for him to stop fighting and I can't do this by myself. I've told him it's OK to go now. We made a plan. But I'm thinking that, seeing that you're his Father and all, that maybe if you tell him it's OK to go . . . well, then he could go grab that crown of glory you have waiting for him.

I'm not complaining God, really I'm not - you see my heart. It has been such an honor to take care of this boy you gave me. It truly has. I enjoyed this assignment you gave me of being Mikey's mom. But you tell us to take all our petitions to you and you hear them. So I just thought I would do that again here tonight God, because I know you're still up. It's getting pretty hard to watch him suffer. He's so tired but you know Mikey he wants to keep being obedient.

No, don't worry, he's not in despair. He called his cousin Gary in the middle of the night tonight to thank him for his service. You see he and Gary went to school together and Gary is a Ranger and Green Beret. He's done two tours over in Afghanistan and just got back from 6 months in South America. I know you know all about that because you must have been there too, keeping that son safe. Mike just wanted to be sure he got to tell Gary he loved him and appreciated his service. So I know Mike's heart is still good.

Like I said, Mikey and I have a plan but we know that your plan is always the best plan. Yes, you taught us that too. So we'll wait for your perfect timing, truly we will.

Thanks for listening God. I'll be waiting for your answer.....thy will be done.

P.S. God, thank you for giving me Mikey. Do you remember when I prayed and asked you for him? I couldn't have imagined how special this gift would be. Thanks for answering that prayer too. I know you always answer prayer truly I do. Love, love, love God - you taught us that too.

No comments: