Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Hospice

Quick update. Mike came home with Hospice today. He got to see family and friends this evening. A new found spirit about him. This is what he wanted.

So many emotions.

I know there are other CFers and CF moms out there that are watching our journey. I have promised in this blog to keep it real. That is a gift that we can give each other. Sharing our experiences to help others on their journey.

I have never been one to blow sunshine. I wouldn't know how to start now. But I'm sure it could look like that. I want to assure you that there is still peace.

The deepest sorrow I have ever felt - but I still have peace.

You haven't gone through all I have in my life without understanding what not having peace looks like. There is that huge knot in your stomach that feels like it is an ulcer. Your mind spins out of control with despair.

But I want to assure you that even with this sorrow there is peace. Minutes later there is joy and thankfulness.

CF has gotten to be "much bigger than Mike" to quote from Alex Deford but CF is not bigger than God. It is not bigger than prayer.

This is difficult - but so many people are praying us through this.

As we transition to hospice at home our journey takes on a new level of difficult. Will you please continue to pray for us? Please don't forget about us. We can't get through this alone.

Thank you so much. Peace to you - there is peace.

God give us strength!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When the Dr's told us there was nothing more they could do for Debi, it was the hardest thing I had to hear. It was hard for Debi too, because she didn't want to leave us, but the thought of seeing Jesus and being with him was so welcome for her. She made her final wishes known and we took her back home to Park View. Hospice was arranged for her and through all of this, she had peace and joy. Yes, there was sadness too - for all of us, but much joy knowing she would be with Jesus and be whole, be able to run, walk, talk without problems. What a wonderful thing to hold onto. My prayers for you are for continued peace, and the ability to use the patience God has given you to move through this transition. Like you said Gina, God's timing is perfect. We can not know when that will be. Ours is to make the most of the time we have left and rejoice that God is in control so we CAN make that time special. Blessings to you all. My heart goes out to you all-Peace Gina and Mike, Peace. Dana M

Dianne said...

Gina
You are so blessed to have this time with Mike. These are such precious moments and I know you will cherish them. Dianne