Saturday, September 6, 2014

Home IVs and Soccer games

Quick update on Mike: he left the hospital earlier in the week and is doing IVs at home. His patience was out and he needed the change of scenery. He came home on two different IVs Vancomycin and Cefepime. He is also taking Cipro orally. He does them at 12, 8 and 4. So far so good. His bedroom looks like a closet at the pharmacy but he's workin' it.

Mike was able to get out and about today and is helping to grill some brats and burgers at the clubhouse. What a beautiful day!

Great day for a soccer tournament.

Richie scored his first goal as a high school student with a header in the first game.


Way to rock it Richie!!

I took about 700 pictures during the two games. Just can't help myself once I get out there. Too much fun!!


It really was pretty fun. And for that I am thankful. It's hard for me to admit this but it is getting pretty hard for me to leave the house these days. It's not something you plan or even think about. It just kind of creeps up on you.

A few babies later in life. Fewer and fewer peers.

More and more hospitalizations for Mike. Isolation at the hospital.

Money constraints so out and about less.

As CF progresses things can get awkward (to coin a word from this generation).

So I am thankful for:

parents who glanced my way, instead of avoiding eye contact . . .

the people who stopped to chat and say hi . . .

Linda, who came over to invite us to participate in a tailgate at next weeks tournament. . .

my sister-in-law who invited me to put my chair next to hers when Paul couldn't come to the game with me . . .

Thank you to all of you who helped me fight the temptation to be reclusive today. These little acts of kindness really do mean so much.

Ecclesiastes 7:3 Sorrow is better than laughter, because a sad face is good for the heart.

Blessings to you!

No comments: